Growing Roots! Connecting with your Family to Nature and to a Farm
June 4, 2020 10am - June 5, 2020 4pm
Growing Roots is a Family event at Camp McDowell for all ages! These are just some of the amazing things we may do together!
- Learn about Nature and Farming together with your children or grandchildren.
- Wade the streams of Camp McDowell and learn how to get your children excited about nature.
- Discover the unique geology of Alabama by hiking in sandstone canyons with geologists.
- Create art using natural resources.
- Swim and tube the waters of Clear Creek and in our new zero entry pool.
- Awake in the morning and do Farm chores together...milking goats, gathering eggs, feeding farm animals, even picking blueberries to make a cobbler!
- Open your senses to the natural world through hiking and guided journaling.
- Create a lifelong bond with your children by sharing nature with them.
Cost depends on your choice of lodging and includes 4 delicious meals and all instruction. Lodging options that you will choose at registration:
Bethany Lodges (hotel style, includes linens and towels)
Single room and meals - $150
Family Room and meals - $185 and up depending on number in family
Scott House (log cabin, bring your own linens and towels). Scott Cabin option is limited to 5 families.
Family room and meals - $100 and up depending on number in family
For more information about any of these, please contact Maggie Johnston at email@example.com with “Growing Roots” in the subject line.