This page lists immediate opportunities to come to camp.
February 14, 2020 - February 16, 2020
Our annual From Scratch weekend is a workshop designed for beginners. Would you like to learn an instrument or art form, but are not sure where to start? This is the perfect workshop for you! Learn to play a new instrument or take up a folk art, craft or hobby in an encouraging and supportive environment.
March 27, 2020 - March 29, 2020
Awakenings is a peer ministry retreat led by high-school youth (10th - 12th graders) and designed to allow junior-high youth (7th and 8th graders) to explore their personal, spiritual, and social identity and mission through youth reflections, activities, small groups, worship, and music. It will offer an experience that guides them toward an awakening of their awareness of God’s presence working in their lives and relationships and helps them discover how to use their talents to love and serve the world.
April 2, 2020 - April 5, 2020
One of our most popular workshops is back with great Bluegrass music classes and Gee's Bend quilting. This four-day workshop provides a truly immersive experience with a fun and enthusiastic community of musicians and artists.
April 17, 2020 - April 19, 2020
- For K-12th graders and an adult guardian (or more)
- For mothers, daughters, grandmothers, aunts, nieces, godmothers & special friends who are like mothers & daughters! The annual mother/daughter retreat is a special springtime retreat that is a perfect setting to reconnect, relax, and enjoy the company of your family. Plenty of optional activities like hiking, farming, canoeing, ropes course (for 5th graders and up) will be offered along with worship, art, and centering prayer. Come enjoy laughter, learning, and easy living in the beautiful spring at camp!
Scholarships are available.
- Primary I Entering 1st-3rd with adult; May 22 - 24, $155 per
- Youth Folk Camp Entering 5th-12th; May 27th - 30th, custom
- Elementary II Entering 4th-5th; May 27 - 31, $325
- Junior High I Entering 6th-7th; June 3 - 9, $490
- Junior High II Entering 7th-8th; June 12 - 19, $570
- Sophomore Camp Entering 8th-9th; June 23 - July 1, $620
- Senior Camp Entering 10th-12th; July 6 - 14, $690
- Middler Camp Entering 5th-6th; July 17 - 22, $425
- Bethany's Camper Buddies 10th & up; July 24 - 28,
- Bethany's Kids 4th-8th; July 25-28,
- Elementary I Entering 3rd-4th; July 25 - 28, $285
- Primary II Entering 1st-3rd with adult; July 31 - Aug 2, $155 per
May 27, 2020 2pm - May 30, 2020 3pm
- This unique and popular Folk School session is designed just for youth! Youth Folk Camp is a unique combination of summer overnight camp that takes place in Bethany Village, community, and folk school instruction in a variety of classes, chosen by the camper.
Instructors are an impressive group of professional artists and musicians, ready to share their skills and expertise with aspiring youth!
Parents, guardians, and friends are invited to experience everything the campers learn and create at the showcase that takes place on the last day.
- Ages: Entering 5th – 12th graders
- Cost: $370*
- *Additional supplies fee for ceramics ($40) and painting ($30)
July 25, 2020 - July 28, 2020
- Bethany's Kids is a 3-night summer camp for typical kids and kids with physical challenges and/or intellectual differences that fall within Camp McDowell's scope of care. Open to rising 4th-8th graders/10-13 yrs.
- Watch this video to learn more about Bethany's Kids
September 6, 2019 5:30pm - September 8, 2019 1pm
Hiking, canoeing, campfires, and marshmallows! It’s quality time for all combinations and interpretations of fathers and sons (parent, godparent, grandparent, uncle, family friend, etc)! Recommended for 1st grade and older with an adult. Enjoy that all-elusive quality time at beautiful Camp McDowell with the father or son in your life!
- REGISTER HERE
- Ages: Rising 1st and up (and their adult guardian 18 or older)
- Cost: $135 per person ($270 for a youth/guardian pair)
- Check In: Friday, September 4, 2019 at 5:30 pm. Dinner is served at 6:30
- Check Out: The session ends Sunday September 6 at 1 pm, We will have a closing worship service with Eucharist Sunday morning, then a great game of kickball, and lunch following immediately after.
- VIEW 2019 PACKING LIST AND INFO SHEET HERE
October 30, 2020 5pm - November 1, 2020 10:30am
It’s all the fun of SUMMER CAMP...in the fall! Join us in Clear Creek (“Lower Camp”) for group games, hiking, singing, s'mores and friends! Halloween costumes are encouraged for the Pasture Party and friends are ALWAYS welcome! Join us for this awesome weekend at wonderful, wonderful Camp McDowell!
- REGISTER HERE
- Ages: 5th - 6th Graders
- Cost: $135 per person
- Check In: Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5pm (Dinner is at 6:30)
- Check Out: We will have a closing worship service with Eucharist Sunday, November 1 at 9:00 am. All family members and guardians are welcome to attend. If you are unable to attend, checkout is at 10:30 am
- CLICK HERE FOR WELCOME PACKET - FALL FLING 2019
November 13, 2020 5pm - November 15, 2020 1pm
All combinations of families are invited for a special weekend of fresh air, farm food, and quality time in the beauty of God's Backyard! Spend time together as you harvest vegetables and feed the pigs, cut firewood, prepare and share a farm to table meal, learn sustainable practices for home, and enjoy a “Garden to Glass” class (while the kids are at "Kids Camp"). Family Farm to Table Retreat is a beautiful and fun way to reconnect with God’s creation and each other the weekend before Thanksgiving! Recommended for 1st grade and up.